We envision a Latino community where all people are empowered through knowledge and leadership development to achieve social change that improves their quality of life.
We envision neighborhoods where youth are valued and nurtured to become community builders who honor the legacy of activism and continue to carry it forward.
We envision neighborhoods where multilingualism is valued, where small businesses are stable, where art and culture are robust, where educational institutions thrive and where local Latino history is documented and celebrated.
We envision a Latino community that reaches out — across race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and economic status — to build strong alliances based on a fundamental commitment to achieving equity and social and economic justice.
- Community-based media and arts help express and sustain the rich and diverse culture of Latinos in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Volunteer-based programs ensure broader ownership of neighborhood activities and outcomes.
- Community programs should be linguistically and culturally appropriate for the residents they serve.
- All individuals, regardless of immigration status, should be guaranteed dignity and basic human rights and.
- Neighborhood residents have the right, the ability and the responsibility to shape their community’s development.
- Media advocacy is an important tool for building a more just and equitable society.
- Strong communities can only be created and sustained by supporting youth leadership development.