If you’re interested in journalism, community and making a little money on the side our advertising internship may be for you:
Terms of Contract
- Non-salaried, volunteer position, plus 25% commission on all ad sales originated by intern
- 4 hours per week
- Assist Advertising Manager in functions related to advertising department
- Identify organizations, businesses and services that could benefit from exposure through our readership, or that share a similar audience
- Research upcoming events, workshops, performances etc., that would benefit from exposure through our readership
- Create spreadsheets with a list of organizations and businesses identified as compatible with our readership
- Contact organizations, businesses, individuals and services compiled to inquire about their interest in advertising with El Tecolote newspaper and website
- Follow up with potential clients to provide information and answer questions about deadlines, contracts, discounts, etc.
- Mabel Jimenez, advertising manager
- Send resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Advertising Internship
Some experience in ad sales is preferred but willing to train the right applicant. A good attitude and sense of responsibility is more important than experience.